Dental clinic for children
Consult a dentist for children in Montreal
Dental clinic for children
At Centre Dentaire Anjou, we have a team of general dentists who practice children’s dentistry. Proud of our solid reputation and extensive experience in the care of children, we offer our patients preventive and restorative services, conscious sedation with nitrous oxide and general anesthesia if necessary. Our clinic is specially adapted for children and we ensure that your child has a pleasant experience.
The Quebec Order of Dentists recommends a first dental visit within 6 months after the eruption of a child’s first tooth or at one year of age. This first visit allows your child to become familiar with the environment of a dental clinic in a positive setting.
The following are suggestions to help make the first visit successful and pleasant :
- Prepare your child a few days before the appointment by reading books about the dentist such as «Cailloux at the dentist» or «Pebbles at the dentist»
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for visiting the dentist. Our experienced staff is well prepared to welcome your child.
- Attempt to make an appointment early in the morning when children tend to be more cooperative and receptive to treatment.
- Avoid using phrases such as, «it will not hurt». This will arouse suspicion in the child. We use state-of-the-art technology and techniques to minimize any possible discomfort. You can tell your child that the dentist will «count» his teeth and possibly brush them.
- Explain the importance of going to the dentist. If you fear the dentist yourself, do not tell your child.
- When you accompany your child for dental treatment, be a passive participant by allowing the dentist to interact and communicate directly with your child.
It is possible that despite the above suggestions your child may not cooperate on his first dental visit. It is important to not become frustrated or show disappointment to your child. Subsequent appointments may very well be more successful.
OUR SOLUTIONS TO TREAT YOUR CHILD
Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) sedation is used with pure oxygen in order to decrease stress and anxiety. It has calming and relaxing properties which are safe and effective. We have been using nitrous oxide sedation for more than thirty years. It has helped thousand of patients overcome their fear of dental treatment. We offer this service to all our patients at NO EXTRA COST
DOES IT REALLY WORK ?
Nitrous oxide is an extremely safe and effective method of conscious sedation . With nitrous oxide, patients feel relaxed and free of any discomfort. Some patients describe their experience as a floating sensation or being in a pleasant dream. For fearful children and anxious adults, nitrous oxide can be the solution to receiving necessary dental treatment in total comfort. All our dentists and auxiliary staff have been trained and have received certification for the administration of nitrous oxide.
General anesthesia for children
The well-being and health of your child are at the heart of our concerns. That is why we want to offer quality, safe, painless and stress-free treatment to your child. In some situations general anesthesia becomes the ideal solution.
Dr. Josée Bellefleur, Dr. Annie-Claude Lussier-Morin and Dr. Caroline Quach and Dr. Sarah-Eve Dumais-Pelletier, all pediatric specialists, work closely with us to treat our young clientele who has an extreme fear of the dentist, those who are too young to be cooperative on the chair, or have too many restorations to be carried out.
General anesthesia offers safe, painless and stress-free treatment for your child and this service is offered to all our young patients under 10 years old at no extra cost.
The intervention is conducted under the supervision of an anesthesiologist certified by the College of Physicians and his team of respiratory therapists in facilities that conform to the same government norms that are required in a hospital setting.
Contact us to make an appointment
If you would like more information & or if you would like to make an appointment, contact us now!